Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My New Favorite Product

Don't freak out that I'm blogging two days in a row. My husband and children were awesome today and helped me out with dinner so I actually have a few minutes to sit. I even got a load of laundry in. It's a very exciting day. (and now that I am going back over this and reading this, maybe kind of pathetic)

But that isn't why I'm blogging. I'm blogging to tell you about my new favorite product. The Ziploc Zip 'n Steam bags. I saw them on TV the other day and happened to see them on the shelf while grocery shopping on Sunday. So I thought I would try them. I was inspired by the mixed vegetable medley at Outback Steakhouse and the fact that Dave and I have been saying we need to eat more veggies in this house.

So for dinner tonight I sliced up 1 giant carrot, 1 summer squash, 1 large broccoli stalk, and a handful of pea pods. All beautiful fresh veggies. I threw them in the zip 'n steam bag, salted them a little and popped the bag in the microwave for 3 minutes. It was perfect. The veggies were cooked but still crispy - just as good (if not better) than Outback. It also put canned veggies to shame. And, my kids ate it without much complaint. I did get a little groan over the summer squash, but the carrots were a huge hit.

I am all about anything that makes my life easier and healthier at the same time. So I am electing the Ziploc Zip 'n Steam bags my new favorite product!!

2 comments:

Miralee said...

I have been using them as well and I LOVE THEM! There are fresh produce stands all over out here (being the Garden State and all), and we just enjoyed fresh zuchini last night with some baked chicken and parmasean risotto...YUM-YUM!

THe other night we had fresh green beans...nothing better than fresh!!

Melanie said...

Much to Sam's chagrin, on the menu tonight is brussel sprouts. MMMMM, Becca's and my favorite!