Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Men are from Mars

I came home from yoga last night and Dave was watching "Enterprise." Remember, that was the one Star Trek show I said I can't get on board with. Well he watches it every Monday - they show like 4 episodes on the Sci Fi Channel. So I am vaguely aware of the characters since I sometime relent and sit there with him.

So here is the conversation that went on between us last night - as I came in and noticed that the Vulcan, Tepal, was having a conversation with future self about the fact that she ends up marrying Tripp.

Me: "Which one is Tripp? The blonde guy?"

Him: "No! Tripp - he's the engineer." He may as well have said DUH!

Okay. I have no flipping idea who the engineer is. I know the Vulcan chick, the black guy, the blond haired guy, the Asian chick, the guy with the British accent etc.... The only one who's occupation on the ship I know is the Captain. It's easy to identify the Captain. Other than that I'm lost. It's like telling me to go 5.2 miles on blah blah blah road and then go east on blah blah blah road. Just tell me to go right at the Arby's and if I pass Wendy's I went too far.

5 comments:

Miralee said...

MMMMMMMM..... I havn't had Arby's in a really long time!

Anonymous said...

lol, love the story. I would be so lost at the Star Trek character quiz too.

btw - you don't by any chance go to yoga in brighton do you?

The Nut House... said...

Lol, Emily called sci fi the Skee Fee channel the other day. She didn't know what it meant. lol.

I told her to go put on her Lip Blam. lol.

I used to LOVE DATA on TNG.

Melanie said...

Mandy - I had Arby's last week and it made me sick (think KFC in Gaylord) So you aren't really missing out.

Katrina - I actually go to yoga in Ann Arbor. I am insane. Actually, I used to take it in Howell through Community Ed but the instructor quit because she opened her own studio at home. I tried other classes but I didn't like any of them as much as hers. Since my office moved to Plymouth and it only takes me 15 minutes to get there - I decided to still go once a week. But I would love to do it more than that if I could find something closer. Do you go in Brighton?

Val - I love Data too!!

Anonymous said...

Hey. I do go to the Yoga Health Center in Brighton. http://www.yogahealth.org/

I go to the Tues and Sat Hatha classes because I am new to it. I love it. The instructors I've had are Leann (she is the owner & is excellent) and Stacey (AWESOME) and Erin (she was a sub for Stacey)

I love this and would like to go every day.