Monday, October 1, 2007

The Modern Life

I'm a modern woman. I work full time, commute two hours a day and run a household with a husband and two kids in it. I love love love to cook, but I don't love to do it when I come home after working a 10-12 hour day. So this weekend I did something I am very excited about. I went to a place called "Dream Dinners" and made meals to last me a month or so. And I did it all without even picking up the phone.

I went to their website, picked the date I wanted to go "make the meals", then I chose the meals I wanted to make. I gave them my credit card number and that was it. I showed up on the pre arranged date and in two hours had twelve meals to take home and freeze to be used throughout the month.

When you get there, they had you a list of all the meals you chose to make - then you just go around to each station, assemble the meal, slap the label with the directions on it and once you've done all the ones you chose, throw them in a cooler and take them home. It took two hours.

I'll let you know how the food is - I haven't cooked any of it yet.

2 comments:

Miralee said...

That sounds like fun! I have heard of those places before...looking forward to how they actually turn out!

The Nut House... said...

I too want to know how they come out. I have 3 places by me! Meal Makers, Girlfriends Kitchen and some Supper place. Haven't been to any of them, and was wondering about them.

You must give a FULL REPORT!