Sunday, October 7, 2007

Cleaning House

I have been in a post funk for the past few days. I've been blog surfing, but I just haven't had the energy to type anything up. So this post will probably be all over the place.

First of all, I did make the Oven Baked Almond Chicken. It was good and everyone ate it. It came with sweet and sour sauce so the kids dipped in that. Which they would probably eat just about anything if they can mask it with some sort of sauce. I don't think I crushed the Almonds up enough though because the kids just picked them off. Next time I think I will throw them in the food processor for a few seconds before I coat the chicken.

This week I took out of the freezer, Chicken Paella and Beef Stew. Dave and I are leaving for a little vacation on Thursday afternoon so I'm only thawing the two this week.

Okay. The vacation. Thursday afternoon we are leaving to drive to New Jersey to visit Mandy (you have to call her Miranda), her hubby Karl and little baby Max. Of course I can't stand babies so that has nothing to do with us going :) Just kidding! So we are spending Friday night and Saturday night with them and then Sunday we are leaving to drive to Gettysburg, PA. If I haven't mentioned it before, my husband is a history junkie and has been wanting to go for years. We are staying in a Bed and Breakfast called The Brickhouse Inn which I am really excited about because it looks adorable and it got rave reviews. I love staying at B&B's. So we have been watching Ken Burn's documentary, The Civil War in preparation for our trip. I have booked us a personal battlefield tour and dinner at some sort of ancient restaurant which was recommended by the B&B staff. I'm so glad I married a man who likes to do more than just watch sports 24/7.

Needless to say, we are both ready for a few days away.

On another note, I made the mistake of surfing my way over the the Walt Disney World website yesterday and have discovered that I can book us for a week in January for quite a bit less than we paid last year. And I really really want to do it. The kids had so much fun and they still talk about it. There are two problems. #1 Dave doesn't know if he will be able to get away. With his business in the baby stages, it's hard to know. I'm already feeling a little worried about taking him away this week. #2 I couldn't find a very good deal on flights. If I were to book a flight now, it would cost me over a grand for the four of us.

So for now, I've pushed the whole thing to the back of my mind the best I can. But for those of you who know me - once I get my mind set on something, I tend to obsess about it until I make it happen one way or another. We'll see.

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

I envy you. You know... you would think with me doing travel that I would be able to whip up some kind of discount. But... I am getting out of the business. So I feel like I am brain dead when it comes to a deal. BUT I must say that I do want to get out of here w/my family.

You have inspired me... I'm looking up the Disney stuff right now.

Melanie said...

It would be very irresponsible of me to book a trip to Disney World right now. I did manage to find a flight for 150/per person, but it is still really bad timing. I'll no doubt continue to obsess about it, but I need to be a responsible adult right now :(

Miralee said...

Sometimes it really sucks being an adult, but I have to say that I am THRILLED to have you and Dave come and visit me!!! Oh and of course the rest of our little Rudolph crew!!