Tuesday, July 31, 2007

To Pee or not to Pee

First of all let me say that I am involved in the worst planned office move in the history of Corporate America. Okay, maybe that's a bit harsh, but it hasn't gone so well thus far. We are combining two separate offices into one bigger office and they are reusing the cubes from my office which they tore down yesterday. Our official move date is August 17. Yes, that is no less than two weeks away. We still have our conference room tables, so that is where we are working right now.



But to make matters worse, there seems to have developed, a water main leak right in front of our building and we all showed up this morning to discover that our water has been shut off. Yes, that means no bathrooms. Now, every morning I fill my wonderful Nissan travel mug (this mug is amazing and keeps things hot for hours) up with some delicious homemade coffee and bring it to work with me. I enjoy this so much more than the office coffee which is swill. However, one travel mug of coffee = two trips to the bathroom. This usually starts around 9:30.



Well what do you know, it is 9:20 and I am already doing the pee pee dance. I think I'm going to have to breakdown and go to Target. Hmmm, while I'm there, maybe I'll check out their home goods......

3 comments:

Miralee said...

OMG! (Oh my God). I absoutly love you! Have I told you that lately....if not I do! I miss you even more!!! I can't wait to come home and see you!!! Just a few short more weeks and then you get to not only see me, your nearest and dearest friend but my new little bundle of joy!! A bonus!!!!!!!!!!

The Nut House... said...

OMG, that would suck to the highest possible sucktitude. How in the world can the expect anyone to work like that? I say they should shut down for the day.

The Nut House... said...

Mel, I just realized that in the explosion (of the old computer) I don't have your email addresses any longer.

Email your work and home to me.
V