Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Wild Goose Inn

As I mentioned, Dave and I stayed at a Bed and Breakfast last weekend to celebrate our 1st anniversary. The first night was a surprise gift from my bridesmaids and my good friend Katie. We decided to splurge and stay an extra night. We stayed at The Wild Goose Inn in East Lansing. It was right in downtown East Lansing and we arrived on Saturday afternoon, parked the car and didn't move it again until we left on Monday.

We stayed in two different suites which was cool because they all have a different theme. The first night we were in "Summer Safari" Sorry, I forgot to take the pictures right when we got there so the room was already "lived in" before I got the camera out. But you can also go the website to see their professional pictures!


The second night, we were in the "Great Lakes" suite. I felt like we were up on Mackinaw Island and this suite took up the entire second floor of the second buildings. It was very private. And it had it's own private deck where we spent much of Sunday lounging and reading which is something I have not had the luxury to do in quite some time.




There is also a nice patio connecting the two building together where you could sit and have breakfast or just hang out and relax.


Sunday we walked around the Michigan State Campus and looked at the botanical gardens. This is my reflection in the little pond. It was a very clear and still day.




We had an absolutley wonderful time. The bed and breakfast was so nice and relaxing. Thank you so much to my girls for being so amazing and thoughtful. I really feel so undeserving!