Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Free to pee, a lazy lizard and 300 the movie

You will all be pleased to know that the water came back on at my office around 10:30 or so yesterday. So we could all use the bathroom to our heart's content.

In other news, I have been a lazy lizard this week and have not even started to tape the spare bedroom. We plan to paint this weekend and I am a famous procrastinator, so I will probably put off the taping until Friday night. Really, the less time the tap in on the molding, the less sticky that will be left there, right :)

Dave rented the movie 300 last night. He has been waiting for it to come up for weeks. So last night we had to forgo our usual Star Trek nightcap for 300. If I haven't mentioned it before, Dave is a huge history buff. Well, he just finished reading a book about the Spartans (the real Spartans of Ancient Greece, not the MSU mascot), and 300 is about the 300 Spartans that found some ungodly number of Persians under the rule of Xerxes. A very inspiring story, especially when you hear Dave tell it. The movie was a little more Hollywood than history. Entertaining, but sensational. Filmed like it was computer animated, very gory, very gory and oh did I mention it was gory? Anyway, I would probably not recommend it for your average female. Unless you are married to a history geek like I am.

3 comments:

Miralee said...

I am happy to hear that you have water again...having to pee after coffee and not being able to is similar to torture (I think!).

I was wondering about that movie, have not really heard anyone talk about it...will have to see if Karl wants to check it out...

The Nut House... said...

Mel... email me. I lost your email addresses in the computer explosion. Val

Melanie said...

I did email you - twice.