Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pink Hearts, Yellow Moons, Orange Stars, Green Clovers

We're nearing a year in our house and we've finally decided to paint. Our house has the open floor plan, so just about every wall spans two rooms. I will never buy another house with the open floor plan again. No thank you. I have spent the last week dithering over paint colors. I want some color because I am so sick of flat white paint, but I'm worried of going overboard. (Remember the red room at my condo?) But the pressure. This color matches my living room, but will clash with my kitchen. My husband wants me to get some sort of olive color, but all of my accents are red and I don't want it to look like Christmas all year round. Then he wants to go with satin finish in the entire house. I want eggshell. So finally today, we settled on colors for the downstairs powder room and the upstairs guest bedroom. And he gets his green, because I'm putting it in the spare room-on one wall. We compromised and got satin for the bathroom and eggshell for the bedroom and we will discuss the rest once I come to a decision on the rest of the colors.

We painted the powder room this afternoon. It's tiny so it didn't take that long. However, he insisted on starting to paint before I was done taping and it is a tiny room so we kept bumping into each other. Also, he wanted to try not taping the ceiling. So later this week, we'll be painting the ceiling if you know what I mean (wink, wink). I can't wait to put everything back in it. I hate disorder and I've had quite my fill of it this week. My office is moving to Plymouth (insert groan here) and I have been packing up our office for the past week. So I have disorder at work and disorder at home. Might as well get it all out of the way at once, huh?

I'm seriously considering hiring a professional to paint the downstairs. It will take us a solid week to do it all which will end up being spread over a couple of weekends and I don't think I can handle that much disorder. If anyone can give me a referral for a painter, I would appreciate it.

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

So let me get this straight... are you planning on painting the ceiling in the bathroom, or is it going to be necessary because of el slobbo? lol

Secondly... when you find your painter, send him my way. I have 2 french doors that I want stripped and repainted. Oh and curtains for my living room that was redecorated almost 1 year ago.

Third... send me the link to Miranda's blog again. In the explosion, I lost it. Need to catch up on her sweet cheeky cheeky.

V

Melanie said...

Uh, let's just say we don't have to paint the whole ceiling. It will be more of a patch job.

Miralee said...

Don't you love the joys of owning a home!!!

If I was in Michigan I would gladly come and help you...I actually really enjoy painting! And V if I knew how to make curtains I would help you out but no such luck in that category!! Melanie you should send me V's link because she is hilarious!!!

Don't stress to much about painting, it will get done when it needs to get done...wow do I sound like a Mom or what (SCARY!!!!!!)