Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lake Placid and Really Smart Sharks

Okay, first of all, I so do not feel like cooking dinner tonight. Like I am just sitting here wondering what to make and dreading it and wanting to go out to eat, but not wanting to take the time to go out to eat. Blah.

Second of all, Sam in 13 and he is really into campy horror movies right now. He keeps adding movies to my netflix queue like, "Dawn of the Dead" and "Night of the Living Dead" and "Rise of the Living Dead" you get my point, right? They're gross/funny. You know the kind of movie where the blood looks like red paint?

Well, since I am such a movie lover, I have been filling my queue up with my own favorite campy movies and today in the mail came "Lake Placid" and "Deep Blue Sea". Yes! I love the giant alligators and overly intelligent sharks and Samuel L. Jackson getting ripped in half by the overly intelligent sharks. I can't wait to share these obviously intellectually stimulating movies with Sam.

Do you have a favorite campy horror or cheesy action adventure flick that you love? I'm looking for suggestions that do not involve 70's era zombies!

6 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Sadly I do not. You may not know this, but scary movies really mess with my head. I'm intrigued by them, but they totally freak me out. When we lived on Jeni Lane, my parents had gone outone night. Mark was coming to pick me up. When he drove up, every light in the house (including flood lights) was on, and I was sitting in the living room with a fireplace poker in hand... watching Amityville Horror. That movie was horrific!

So I guess if I really had to pick, I would say Pet Cemetary (walking down mainstreet in Frankenmuth with 18 wheelers whizzing by always makes me think of that. And the Friday the 13th movies. The music always got to me.

Melanie said...

I should clarify that I cannot watch slasher or murder flicks. So no Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th. Notice all the "scary" movies I mentioned are scary animals gone crazy movies.

I once watched "The Exorcist" and I'm still not over it.

The Nut House... said...

LOL Ok so it's not just me. lol. Those demonic/crazy people flicks just scare the crap out of me.

We were watching a rerun of First 48 yesterday in which a truck driver that was sleeping in the back of his cab, was shot. I used to worry about this happening to us in the ambulance at night. Actually had nightmares about it.

Alison said...

What's that volcano movie with Pierce Brosnan and Linda Hamilton? The ridiculous one where the trucks/jeeps drive through lava and the lake turns to acid. . .DANTE'S PEAK, DANE'S PEAK I just thought of it. That movie is HILARIOUS. It also has very touching mother/step-fatherish moments that you might find endearing. AND A NATURAL HOT SPRING THAT BOILS PEOPLE ALIVE!!!!!

Alison said...

danTe's peak

Mikey said...

I'm not a horror flick person either but I guess you just eliminated my first horror flick I ever saw... "The Fog."