Sunday, February 8, 2009

Appliance News

I got a new vacuum cleaner last night. I really loved my old vacuum cleaner, it was a Kenmore canister vac that I bought when I moved into my condo. But, alas, she was getting old and didn't seem to be sucking like she used to and Dave was starting to complain about his allergies more and more and I couldn't take it anymore so I went to Target last night and bought a new one (yes, that is what I do on Saturday nights. I go to Target. It's very exciting shut up.)

The new vac is a bagless cyclone so you can see the dirt and hair that it is sucking up. Oh Lord. I came home and vacuumed the living room carpet and the couches and now I know why Dave has been complaining about his allergies. The new Queen of my Double Wide Trailer sucked up about 6 lbs of junk, most of which was dog and cat hair. It was disgusting and I'm in love with my new vacuum. Plus it has purple on it so maybe I can sucker Becca into vacuuming with it. That will work for me at least once! I would also like to mention that I did not find 1 goldfish cracker or Scooby snack in the couch this time so I have to give a shout out to my kids for following the rules and not eating in the living room when I am not home. Or they are just getting better at hiding with when they do.

In other appliance news, I just spent $60 on the GE website ordering a new auger for my ice maker because I broke the one we have and now you can't get ice out through the trap door in the front which means you have to open it and put your grubby little hands into the ice to get some for your drink (you know who you are grubby hands). So how did I break the auger you ask? I think I teased you about this a while back and then forgot to tell you about it.

It was one weekend a few months (well probably about 6-8 months back) when I took Dave with me to do the grocery shopping which meant that we ended up buying a bunch of stuff that wasn't on my list and included a bag of frozen breaded smelt. When I got home and put the groceries away, the freezer was really full and I set the bag of frozen smelt on top of the ice maker because there was no where else to put it.

Now obviously (obviously) I do not eat frozen breaded smelt and so when the ice started to get low and the smelt bag fell into the bottom of the ice maker, I did not notice that it was missing. And then when little pieces of unidentified junk started showing up in the ice that came out of the ice maker, I had no idea what was going on and told Dave that something was wrong with the gd ice maker and could he look at it.

He was really happy when he looked in there and found his bag of frozen breaded smelt shredded along with little pieces of plastic which were the auger.

I'm still trying to live that one down.

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

My other comment didn't post!!

I have to laugh about the fish. I have a visual of little frozen fish heads coming out of the ice dispenser. "Does this water smell fishy to you?" lol. I crack myself up.

On the other hand, I too got a new vacuum a couple years ago. It sounds like something you just got. You can see the dirt. Well! I have always been shocked at what it picks up... until the day I sucked up a sock. I had to dismantle half the damn vacuum to find the sock. When I did, I couldn't believe what else I found! I found a HUGE clog of dirt where the hose joins the vacuum! I mean how the hell was this thing working??? After I removed that, the sucker could practically suck paint off a wall! NO kidding! lol.

Jen said...

I think I have the same new vacuum as you. It is very exciting to be able to see the funk you're sucking up, isn't it? I love it.

Also, our ice maker is broken too, but in a different way. It will make but not dispense ice, and when I use the water function the water has yuck in it. The ice doesn't have yuck in it though.