Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hats Off

My hat is off to Tom Daschle for doing the right thing by taking himself out of the running for the director of the Health and Human Services department.

A leader cannot lead if he is up to his eyeballs in controversy And a true leader is more concerned about the well-being of his people than himself. Unlike, someone else who I won't name that let his scandal drag on for a year to the detriment to his city, Tom Daschle showed some real class by bowing out even though he probably would have been confirmed.

I'm impressed.

Now for all you hooligans who publicly supported him saying that this was just all a mistake and misunderstanding, thanks for reinforcing my opinion that Washington DC is full of good old boys who would do anything to stay in the good graces of their party.

Buttheads.

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Lol, I never thought that.

Melanie said...

Never thought what?

The Nut House... said...

Oh sorry for the delay. I'm saying I'm not one of the hooligans.

I agree with you 100%. What kind of role models are these people in a society where we're trying to raise children to have good ethics?

I'm glad you are still blogging. I am starting to think everyone else has given it up for facebook. You can't get into a person's head on facebook like you can here. My favorite are your random thoughts. I tried to do it the other day but due to my short term memory loss, I couldn't remember what the hell I was thinking about, lol.