Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Okay, So I will tell you this one work story

It's pretty not work related so, I guess I can share it.

Yesterday I walked into this "guys" office. He was in there working with another "guy". Let's call them Hector and Achillies. Why not? It's my story. Now I can be entertained when I see them at work tomorrow.

Anyway, It's Hector's office, but Achillies has his laptop set up in there and he has this really nifty power supply. I'm instantly drawn to it because it's small. Perfect size to fit in my new Christmas present laptop bag that is awesome but won't fit a lot of stuff. I've been actually going sans power supply and that hasn't been working out so well. So I say to Achillies, "Sweet power supply. Where'd you get that!?" And he says, "You want it, take it."

Pause.

First of all Achillies is usually an asshole and likes to keep the good stuff for himself, so I find this strange. Second of all, I'm puzzled. Am I supposed to say, "Cool, thanks!" and then rip the power supply that is currently plugged into his laptop, out of his laptop and take off with it? I did not know how to proceed. It was weird.

And he told me to take it twice. Double weird.

Then I looked down where the power supply was laying and I saw this cheap little black tote bag laying there next to it. Maybe he thought I was talking about the cheap little tote bag (which if I had turned it over, probably had my company logo on it. Something we call a schmoogie). Even though I said specifically the power supply was small and cool. Perhaps he really wasn't listening to me.

Yeah, that explanation makes much more sense. I think.

1 comment:

The Nut House... said...

Did you ask him if he was serious? Like "Seriously... you're giving me your power supply. Don't you need it?"