Friday, January 9, 2009

So I was in Victoria's Secret the day after Christmas (I was buying a pair of sweatpants if you can believe it. Dave got me a pair for Christmas and they were so comfy I decided to brave the after Christmas crowd(which there ended up being none) and get another pair. Why do I feel the need to explain why I was at Victoria's Secret? I don't know)

Anyway, I was in Victoria's Secret waiting in line to pay for the sweatpants I was buying and the woman in front of me was taking forever to get her money out like she was thinking about it really hard. And she finally she mumbles something to the cashier about being ticked because she can't use a coupon she has and how stupid it is that she can't use said coupon on sale items. (I'm unclear what happened prior to that because I was spacing out standing there in line)

Now let me interject here that I have a friend who used to work at Victoria's Secret and I can tell you that they don't pay well. I mean the girls working in this store are probably making whatever minimum wage is now, and not a penny more. And they are all about 16 or 17. Not a lot of worldly experience. Or communication skills.

The cashier looks at the customer with her sweet, angelic, blue glittered and 16 year old face and says, quite innocently I thought, "Well if you want I can ring it up full price."

And like quicksilver, the customer put her money right back in her wallet and said, "Well you can just void the whole order. I don't need to deal with that kind of attitude." And poor glitter girl is just looking at her with a look that says, "What? What'd I do?"

The customer continued bitching, "Why would I want to pay full price, is that going to save me money?"

Glitter girl says, with doe-like eyes, "I don't know. I'm just trying to make you happy."

Customer says, "F**k you." and walks out of the store.

So I'm curious, have you ever told a customer service rep to f off? I mean, I'm a big fan of the f word, but I have never dropped that bomb on a customer service rep.

Okay, once I used the f word about 17 times when I was yelling at one of my electrical contractors, but that was construction Melanie, not every day shopping at the mall Melanie. Does that really seem appropriate to you?

3 comments:

Miralee said...

First off I just want to say how happy I am that you are blogging because ALL of your posts, yes I mean all, cause me to laugh hystarically.

Secondly, I have never ever told a cashier/service rep, etc to F*** off. I dont' even think that I have said that to my hubbie...

ok maybe I have said it to him but that is besides the point!

Melanie said...

Spouses don't count. I've told mine to f off a few times. I mean random people you aren't related to. Or your clergyman.

Anonymous said...

Does construction Melanie come with boots and a flannel?