Sunday, September 16, 2007

Oh Happy Day!

Drumroll please. I have very exciting news (and before you get too excited, I'm not pregnant).

Yesterday the most wonderful thing happened.

I PAID OFF MY STUDENT LOAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes folks, after ten years of toil, I am no longer indebted to Sallie Mae. It's over. Done with. I've written my last check to the establishment. I can now hang my diploma on the wall and know that I own it.

Rejoice with me - I never thought this day would come.

Next stop - pay off the mortgage. I'll see you all in 15-20 years.

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!! That is a majorly big celebration! Good for you. Just one less thing hanging over your head.

Miralee said...

Congrats! I am just going to be starting to pay mine off! Bummer...I have that as well as a mortgage! The joys of being an adult!

The Nut House... said...

Did you really mean you won't be back on here for 20 - 30 years? lol. Such a smart a$$. lol. POST SOMETHING WILL YA!