Thursday, February 4, 2010

Work (Again)

What am I doing right now? The literal answer to that questions is:

I’m sitting at my desk. It is 8:25 a.m. and I am trying to get my day started. There is a space heater buzzing under my desk keeping me feet warm and I don’t know how I would survive without it. It’s pretty quiet in the office still. While I check my e-mail and the morning news, my tiny desk radio is next to me broadcasting my favorite morning show and at the moment I started to type this post it was playing a McDonald’s commercial that is on every morning and it just occurred to me that I am so sick of hearing it. But if I shut the radio off, it is too quiet and I get edgy. I need something to distract me from where I am and what I am doing (literally).

What is on my agenda today? Spreadsheets, numbers, revenue forecasts, spreadsheets, forms, numbers, spreadsheets, well, you get the picture, right? Hey, at least I don’t have any meetings today, that is a rarity. So that brings me round to my original question, in a slightly different form.

What the fuck am I doing? (Sorry I hope you are not terribly offended by profanity, and if you are, you probably would not like me very much.)

Okay, what I am saying to myself is in response to my question is, “Quit whining, bitch, and either deal with the career you have made for yourself. Or change it.”

So, I am going to change it.

More to follow.

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

GET CRACKIN! An update on my job interview...

I was told that the management team IS interested in me, however all offers are on hold as they are restructuring one of their facilities.

Now I'm thinking... Medical transcription from home. I can type over 60 wpm, and I LOVE being available for my kids. No brainer. Now to figure out how to get into it.

More to follow...

Jen said...

Oh good! I am eager to learn more. When they took my space heater away, that was the last straw.

Katrina said...

oooooOOO, this is exciting. AND F-bombs are my favorite. I swear I was a sailor in a past life.