Saturday, February 13, 2010

The way things change

Tomorrow it will be 6 years since Dave and I started dating (we have been married for almost 4). The date was on a Saturday, so I figure that would actually be tonight.

That night we went to dinner and a movie and then back to my place. I think right about now we were sitting on my couch having a beer and talking. We had so much to talk about back then because neither of us had heard each others stories yet. I don't mean that to sound wistful because we still talk a lot, but we have definitely heard each others stories. It is fun to remember the times at the beginning of love when you can't get enough of each other and talk on the phone for hours and the thoughts of that person consume you.

Right now Dave is playing Call of Duty with Sam and I am in the office blogging. It is 10:30 on a Saturday night. It's funny how things change.

I came home yesterday to find that Dave had purchased me a spa package and scheduled it for tomorrow. So I will be getting a 90 minute massage tomorrow morning followed by a manicure and pedicure. That man has come a long way on his gift giving. I used to have to tell him exactly what to buy for me or he would freak out and not buy my anything (this includes my engagment ring, he was too afraid to pick it out without me)

My point is that while it is fun to remember what it was like at the beginning, right now is exactly where I want to be.

4 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Amen sister. I too remember those days. Heading out on dates after 9 pm. Going and meeting friends. Meeting Dennis's friends. Going anywhere at all, as long as we were together.

Now, there is nothing better than sitting and watching "our shows", or going to bed early and actually sleeping. Life is good. I too am completely and utterly content in my life.

Happy Valentine's Day xoxo

Miralee said...

I can't believe that it has been 4 years already....I am honored that you included me in your special day.
I am soooo impressed about your gift. You really should have Dave call Karl and give him some gift giving ideas. I got a six pack of Miller Lite.

Jen said...

Oh, happy anniversary!

Joyous JRo said...

First and foremost, Happy Anniversary!! Matt & I still celebrate the day we offically starting dating :-)

I LOVE the poster. Such the truth too.

While it's great to think about the first stages of dating, there is nothing that I miss more than my evenings with Matt right now, watching our shows, or doing the day-to-day life things. It is something that I will never take forgranted again.