Saturday, March 14, 2009

The One Where I Tell You About my Boring Life

I am so glad to say good bye to this week. Not only did we have to give an hour to father time for daylight savings, but Dave had two days where he had to be up at 5 a.m. and we seemed to be getting in bed later than usual. By yesterday afternoon I felt like I was in a fog and just wanted to come home and become one with the couch.

We went to yoga this morning where the instructor proceeded to lead us in the most difficult vinyasa hour I have experienced in a couple years. I hated every minute of it and I loved every minute of it.

Tonight we have more tickets to the symphony because I fell prey to a telemarketer and purchased a 5 show package. This was after we had already gone to two previous shows in the fall - that is how the telemarketer got my phone number. Tonight is the third show in the package and we gave my parents the last tickets so they could go. I like the symphony but I'm getting sick of driving to Detroit. It's an hour drive for us each way and the show doesn't start until 8:30. And I'm lame and a homebody. But we always do enjoy ourselves.

So this weekend I thought I would try to find us a hotel downtown so we could make a little mini getaway out of it. I've wanting to check out the new Westin Book Cadillac. I was in there for work before it was finished and you could already tell it was going to be beautiful. But alas, they want $200 a night. Too much for De-riot. So I checked the MGM Grand which looks even better than the Book and it was $300 a night (plus tax which is about another $20). I cannot bring myself to spend that much to stay in Detroit. So we're doing the drive.

5 comments:

The Nut House... said...

What the hell. I guess they aren't hurting for business are they.

I am so jealous. I've NEVER been to the symphony. Guess I'll have to drag Mr. ILOVE80's ROCK to one, if I ever want to see one in my lifetime, lol

Mikey said...

I love going to the symphony. It's been a while since I've been to the DSO but I've always enjoyed myself.

There's a lot of different music out there, have to enjoy some of it!

Jen said...

I hope it is all very rrrrrromantic and you guys have dirty hand sex all the way home. (You know, where you hold and caress each other's hands like Duggars.)

(Delete this if your kids read your blog.)

The Nut House... said...

OMG, Jen is a riot. LMAO!!!

Melanie said...

I know she is. I need to link her blog - I just haven't gotten around to it because I am a lazy bee-atch.