Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Dave!

32 years ago today (and exactly two months after my blessed arrival), my mother-in-law had her belly cut open and my future husband was plucked from the warm quiet cocoon of her womb. And he never got over it ;)

Unbenownst to both of us at the time, it would take 28 years for us to meet. Several times through the years, I seriously considered the possibility that he did not exist and nearly gave up to join a convent. I know for a fact that he did give up for a few years. But I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason - even if it does not seem obvious or we cannot for the life of us figure it out. And obviously there were things both of us needed to do before we came together. And there were two children that needed to be born. I'm almost certain that Rebecca is going to be the one to come up with the cure for cancer! Now I know it sounds cheesy, but he was totally worth the wait.

Happy Birthday Dave! I love you more than words!



2 comments:

Miralee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!

WITH LOVE,
KARL, MIRANDA, MAX, TRIGGER AND MAGOO TOO!

The Nut House... said...

What a great tribute. Happy Birthday Dave. Thank you for making my dear friend one of the happiest gals on earth.