Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Blogger's Block

So I've had several opportunities to blog over the past week. I even started a couple entries, but I just wasn't "feeling it" It's the big B. Blogger's Block. And I've caught it.

And I still have it. I'm not feeling clever, or funny, or even particularly deep.

So I will talk briefly about the breaking news that came across the AP wire today.

Heath Ledger is dead!

I received an urgent e-mail with that exact subject line from Donna, and about 30 seconds later, a text message from Alison, with a similar message.

Shocking. He's our age. Another River Phoenix? Ugh. I hate when these things happen.

And I will never be able to enjoy "10 Things I Hate About You" quite the same way again.

But since I brought the movie up, I would like to share my favorite line from it.

The father in the movie is a obstetrician and he is always trying to scare his daughters out of having any babies. So one day he is telling them about a baby he delivered to a young mom and he asks the daughters if they know what she said to him, and the younger daughter pipes up,

"I'm a crack-whore and I should have asked my skeezy boyfriend to wear a condom?"

and the father says, "No, she said 'I should have gone to college'."

R.I.P. Heath.

2 comments:

Miralee said...

Wow...is he really dead?? I am going to have to check out that story on Google.

Don't worry about the "B" block. I have it all the time but I have a plan B...it's called Max.

The Nut House... said...

I too have b block. I loved your post this time, because to me it isn't always about sounding eloquent, or having a funny story. It's about dumping what is on your mind. And as you can tell from mine, it is frequently about random thoughts. I liked your post, even though it talks about a death. It is YOU... "talking".