Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Post Script

After I finished my post last night, things got even more interesting around here. Actually, it was sort of amusing because I remember being a little like this as a child.

After Becca calmed down a bit she came to the top of the stairs to ask me if she could come and eat dinner. EEEH GAADS! I had forgotten she hadn't had dinner yet. So of course I told her she could come down and eat. I fed her dinner and we chatted like normal. After she had finished, I told her she needed to back up to her room again. I wish I had a picture of the look on her face. It was priceless, she had obviously thought I would forget. So we went through the whole rigamarole again. She went back upstairs and the waterworks and drama was back on. I told her my same speech about going to bed or playing quietly in her room. She calmed down a little and then a few minutes later she came to the top of the stairs to tell me that the reason she was crying was because she was sad that she hadn't gotten to say good-bye to Grandma (she sees Grandma almost every day). I said if she had been that worried about saying good-bye to Grandma then she wouldn't have left Grandma here by herself. So she went back in her room for a few minutes. Then she came back to tell me that she was looking out her window and saw the girls across the street playing and they wanted her to come out and play. I told her she was still grounded. She started to bawl again but she went back in her room. The she came back again! This time she told me that she hadn't gone to Grant's house without telling me on purpose, that it had been a total accident and she hadn't meant it. I told her that she was still grounded and I bet that next time she won't forget.

That little girl was up there just desperately trying to think of a way to get out of this pickle she had gotten herself into. I remember feeling like that when I was little and had gotten in trouble. Couldn't I just be sorry and be off the hook?!! For Pete's sake, it was only two hours she had to spend in her room before bedtime. Do you remember the days when it was a punishment to be locked in your room for two hours? Now I'd give my left thumb for someone to send me to my room!!

So what did Becca end up doing in her room for the rest of the night? She decided to sort her Care Bears out and see what she might want to give to the goodwill. She had a small pile amassed and then decided she just wasn't sure if she could part with them. So, back in the closet the went! :)

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Go Mel! Go Mel! I say as I'm dancing a jig for you. Trying to come up with an excuse wore little B out. So she started to do something better... She was thinking of charity. So what if she couldn't decide and didn't give any. She still did someting good.

Go Mel! Go Mel!!!

Melanie said...

>