Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Spin

Phewww! What a week. Busy busy busy so far. I really have not had time to blog and when I did find a couple minutes, I found that I was suffering from a terrible case of writers block. I couldn't think of anything witty to say. Not to bitch bitch bitch, but these are the things that have bummed me out this week:

#1 I found out that my yoga instructor who I have been yoga'ing with for over 5 years, is no longer going to be teaching in Howell. She opened a yoga studio in Ann Arbor and is going to teach exclusively there. I am so bummed. I have tried other yoga classes but just don't like those instructor nearly as much. And, as is happens, I decided to take the summer off from yoga which it now turns out was her last session.

#2 A colleague of mine and his brother, a colleague of Dave's, mother died this past week and we had to go to the funeral home last night. It was in Grosse Pointe Woods which is quite a haul from my house. Dave and I met at my office in Novi and drove there together. Visited for a while and then went out for dinner and home. We didn't get home until 10pm last night.

#3 I had to rush out of the house this morning to make it to our Livonia office for a meeting that was supposed to start at 8. I got here and 7:30 (I like to be early so I have time for coffee, pee and to check my e-mail) and what do you know but the conference room is already full of people. Eeeek Gadds! Was I late? I detest lateness. I frown on it in my employees and colleagues and here I am freaking out that I misread the meeting invite and the meeting actually started at 7. But it's possible the suits were having a "pre-meeting" so I didn't want to go barging in demanding to know why they started without me. Well, it turns out that they didn't finish with their stuff yesterday and it bled into today. So my meeting was postponed until approximately 9am. Which no on bothered to tell me. Rat Bastards! I skipped breakfast to get her on time. I have none of my job files with me so I really can't do much work. And I'm hungry!

Now for the positives.

#1 My new office (the one we are moving to that I have been less than enthused about) is going to be in Plymouth. We are supposed to be moving next Friday. Well, what is Plymouth close to? Ann Arbor. What is in Ann Arbor? Christy's yoga studio! So the ray of hope for me is that I can still probably take one class a week with her and go straight from work. So all hope is not lost.

#2 After the very sad funeral home visit, I got to have dinner with my husband and a couple other friends some of whom I work with. A community bitch session about work does wonders for the soul. Some might say that focusing on the negative is bad. But I say that listening to other people gripe and finding out that they have the same gripes as you and that you aren't just a discontented black souled asshole who hates her job with no sound basis. In fact, everyone feels the same way and you aren't in this alone like you thought!!

#3 Since my meeting got postponed and I can't really work, you get this very exciting blog post to read! BTW, someone just came and told me the meeting won't start until 9:15 now.

#4 I'm on vacation Friday meeting up with Val to go to Milford Memories and then Dave is taking me to Indianapolis where we are combining business with pleasure and just some away time! Can't wait.

See? It's all in how you spin it!

Have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

The Nut House... said...

Been there... done that... now change it. lol