Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Isn't technology great?

Okay, second post of the day, but I had to share. I ran to DSW on my lunch hour today (Shoe Mecca - for the non shopper) to buy a pair of dressy black sandals. For me, DSW, is usually hit or miss. Today was a hit. I found a pair of adorable Guess sandals in black patent leather - had to have them. As I wandered further into the store, I found the same sandal in matte black leather. Uh oh! Conundrum. I like the shiny black, but the matte black is more versatile, more practical. What to do?

I called Mandy "please call me Miranda-formerly Lee" Rudolph over in New Jersey to ask her opinion. She sitting over there, in her new air conditioning, being pregnant and probably reading a fashion magazine (her vice) so who better to ask? She talks it through with me. The black patent is trendy, I might get sick of it, are they cheap enough for me to buy both? NO - Dave would not be happy if I come home with two pairs of the exact same shoe in two different kinds of black at nearly 100 bucks for the lot. So I must choose.

I decide on the matte black and start walking to the front of the store. But what do I see as I go? Another sandal catches my eye. It's Steve Madden and 10 bucks cheaper. But it's patent leather. Now what do I do? I'm sensible. I take a picture of them with my cell phone and text them to Mandy. She calls me back. We discuss it for another few minutes.

Anyone who knows me is probably betting I bought the Guess ones for 10 bucks more. My mom used to say that I could walk into a store and every rack could be on sale except for one, and that would be the rack I'd find something on. I can't help it - I'm a princess. And I love shoes.

But hah! I bought the Steve Madden's. It's the new and improved Melanie!

Okay, so really improved would be to buy the shoes at Payless for 15 bucks - I'm not quite there yet.

7 comments:

The Nut House... said...

YUK... Payless = comfortless... that is unless you only need them for ONE occasion... ie: a wedding...

I have a cute posting on my inaugural visit to Abercrombie & Fitch. Will post tomorrow.

Miralee said...

I am so proud of you! Now you have to take a picture of you in your cute new little shoes and send them to me....

And YOU my dear are one of the distinct few people in my life that can still call me Mandy! But don't let too many people know that!! LOL!

Melanie said...

>

Melanie said...

I call it Abercrombie and Sex.

The Nut House... said...

OMG you are so funny. Not only do you have to send a pic to Miralee, Mandy, Miranda lol, you must post a photo of them on your feet too.

I SO want a phone with a camera. How awesome that you could do minute by minute stuff with a friend out of state to still get her input. Technology is priceless.

Melanie said...

>

Melanie said...

>