Friday, September 19, 2008

The Best Country Ever

I'm going crazy listening to all the election coverage, and like everyone I am ready for it to be over. Like I've said before, I try to listen to both sides, left and right because I want to be informed and well rounded. Although I'm learning that you have to take what they (by they I mean the media) all say with a grain of salt. It is ridiculous how the they spins things to make their candidate seem like the better choice (and in some cases to make their candidate seem like God). Yesterday I heard some rumblings about bringing back The Fairness Doctrine and about choked on my own tongue.

One of the many things I love about this country is that we can talk about whatever we want. There's a voice for the left, there a voice for the right, there's a voice for the conspiracy theorists, there's a voice for the Mickey Mouse for President people . I love it. So while you may not have the same political views as me (you know who you are), we should all be thankful for the fact that we can express our views without having our tongue cut out.

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

When you mention the media, it reminds me of something I said earlier this week. Have you noticed that certain channels seem to lean towards their "favorite"? They do it subtly, but it is definitely obvious.

I too am ready for this to be over. I am voting for Mickey Mouse.

Joyous JRo said...

Mickey Mouse here too and I'm thankful for people like Val's nephew who protect my right to voice my opinion - even though I usually go by the golden rule "if you want to keep friends, you shouldn't discuss politics or religion!"

Counting the days until the commericals end!