Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wussy Girl








So as most of you know, Dave and I took the kids to Disney World back in January. It was their Christmas present. They have been wanting to go since Dave and I first started dating and we finally bit the bullet and did it. We spent a week staying on the Disney property at the Wilderness Lodge and we ran the kids ragged trying to make sure they saw as much as we could squeeze in. They were awesome and we had an awesome time.

As most of you also know, I am a Disney freak. I've been there many many times and have enjoyed every trip. Well, this time I found out that my age is catching up with me. I've never been a thrill ride fan, but I always enjoyed mild thrill rides. So while you won't see me on the Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point, I always make it a point to go on the Matterhorn, the Calypso and the Scrambler. At Disney, I would tolerate Space Mountain, but It's a Small World and The Haunted Mansion were more my speed.

So this year I had the joy of discovering that not only can I not tolerate the roller coasters, I now have the pleasure of being claustrophobic. I discovered this on Mission Space with my 7 year old daughter. If you haven't been on Misson Space, let me explain. It is designed to make you feel like you are on the space shuttle during a mission to Mars and there are two different rides you can choose from. One makes you feel like you are actually experiencing lift off and actual G's. It's intense. I went on it with my mom last time I was there and almost lost my lunch, but the confined space didn't bother me. The other option is more like a simulator. So you can close your eyes and you're fine. So Becca and I are went on Mission Space (the wussy version). And as soon as the restraints came over my shoulders, the control panel moves forward toward you face leaving about 6 inches of space between you and it and the door shut, I freaked. Wanted out. Looking for an emergency exit button. Started to hyper-ventilate. Becca's asking me why I'm closing my eyes and I'm about to cry. Thank God the ride only lasts two minutes. I'll never go on it again. Becca, on the other hand, didn't think it was intense enough and insisted on going on the other Mission Space no less than five times. She also rode the Tower of Terror (her brother wouldn't even go), Expedition Everest, and Space Mountain.




I also freaked out on Stitch's Alien Encounter. I don't even want to talk about that.

I can't believe I'm posting this information on the internet so the whole world can know that I am a certified wussy girl.

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Haunted Mansion is my favorite! I too am horrified by the rides. We'll have to vacation together. That way our kids will have someone to ride with, lol.

The Nut House... said...

zZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

snore, snore... what's that? Time to change your blog?

Melanie said...

>