Friday, June 8, 2007

Is it Friday already?!

I can't believe it's Friday already! I just looked and realized I have not posted since Monday. That's bizarre - the week has flown by.

Sunday is our 1st anniversary! I would love to post some pictures of our wedding, but believe it or not I have none. At least none electronically. My photog gave me all the negatives and I gave them to my friend Alison who is the busiest person I have ever known and is currently on a 2 1/2 week cross country trek in a RV. So she still has them. She is putting them on cd's for me, and, I also gave her the prints so I can't even scan them in. I have a couple in picture frames at home. If I have time this weekend, I will scan and post them.

We are going to celebrate on Saturday by taking a big picnic lunch and going to Kensington for the day. Dave has been hankering for a fishing trip. This way, we can find a spot by the water and he can throw a couple lines in and I can lay on a blanket with a book. Not rip roaring but we could use some laid back quiet time.

Plus! I got an email from Donna, who was one of my bridesmaids, and she informed me that my bridesmaids and another good friend from college, Katie, have purchased a night at a nearby Bed and Breakfast for Dave and me in honor of our first anniversary. I cannot even tell you how touched I was when I got that email. These girls did so much for me last year for the wedding, I figure that I should be buying all of them a night at a B&B! I was so surprised. I have such a wonderful group of friends! Really. Thank you so much.

"I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends." - Walt Whitman

4 comments:

Miralee said...

Hey you deserve a night out to celebrate! You made it through a whole year of marriage!! LOL! I can say that because I have been through 2!! Congrats!! And by the way I did send you a card but I am not sure how fast things get to you from the Jersey shore, so if it comes late I apologize!! I love you and give Dave big kisses for me!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

The Nut House... said...

We had the best time at your wedding. You sat us at a great table, and I LOVED how you and Dave sat with your parents. You have amazing friends Mel. I wish that we would have stayed across the street from you so that I could have been a part of what you have with them. It is a very close friendship... and yes... you DO deserve them.

Melanie said...

>

The Nut House... said...

Umm yes, it's almost friday again and you haven't been here. Are you AWOL? lol