Saturday, October 24, 2009

In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning

Okay, it isn't technically the "wee small hours", it is 10 am, but it's Saturday and it is wee small enough for me.

Dave is in the basement running on the treadmill, the kids are at their mom's house and I am sitting in the living room with my laptop and a cup of coffee and near total silence.

It is bliss.

I was supposed to be in NJ this weekend visiting my lifelong pal and soaking up some much needed baby love, but I'm trying not to think about that.


We did the Asian food last night and it was somewhat of a disappointment. I don't really have much to say about it except for one tiny tidbit. We both ordered soup. I ordered hot and sour and Dave ordered miso (sick, I hate miso). When the waitress came with our spring rolls she only brought my hot and sour and then bolted before we even had a chance to say anything. We got her attention a minute later and I said, "he ordered miso" and she looked at me for a second and then said, "Yeah, I know" and walked away again. It wasn't like a snotty "I know" it was bizarre. So she came back a couple minutes later with his miso. It was very twilight zone-y.

(Val, the pad thai was not as good as my West Bloomfield restaurant. I still need to get over there.)

So that was that.

I love the weekend.


3 comments:

Miralee said...

Miss you! Wish you were here but glad you didn't fork over your life savings to get here! LOL!

Regarding the waitress - weird. It is almost halloween you know! :)

The Nut House... said...

It sounds like you had the perfect weekend. You needed to chill a bit. You sound SO much better!

Joyous JRo said...

I love miso.

Sorry about the twlighty-weirdo waitress. You should have responded the same way when the bill came! Ha!

Glad that you had a nice weekend of chilling!