Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Power of Positive (or Negative) Thinking

I'm trying really hard to be positive. Oftentimes I find myself focusing on the negative aspect of everything and even worse, verbalizing it. I truly believe in the power of suggestion and that if you say something enough, you can make it happen. So, the negative talk and thought has to stop. Easy to say, hard to do. But I'm workin' on it!

So this morning I got the following quote from Nightingale Conant, the wonderful company who brings you Tony Robbins (gag - he's cheesy but I can't help but be motivated by him, for a couple days at least!). Usually their "motivational quote of the day" is lame and inapplicable to my life, but today's quote seems like it was just for me.

We cannot always control our thoughts, but we can control our words, and repetition impresses the subconscious, and we are then master of the situation."

— Florence Scovel Shinn: American artist, metaphysics teacher, author

What more do I need to say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this. I am also making an effort at that.

Miralee said...

If it were only that easy...to say that you were going to start thinking positive....and it would just happen. I am married to the King of Positive Thinking and I have to say that sometimes it drives me nuts, but he has been a very good influence over me which is a definite plus!