Monday, March 10, 2008

Me

I was going through my music library as I was loading it onto my new 80 gig IPod. Is that too much? Maybe first I should say that we had our taxes done on Saturday night and we were both beyond relieved that we aren't going to have to pay any federal and just a small amount to the State. We had prepared ourselves for about 10 grand. With Dave starting the business this year, we were pretty sure we would have enough deductions to cover it, but you can never be sure until the numbers have been run. So we celebrated by buying a new IPod that would fit our entire music library (with plenty of space to spare - instead of having it spread all around on two nano's and our computer), and nice dock for it and eating sushi. Well Dave ate sushi - I'm still trying to get on board with it but I'm having a hard time.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this Paula Cole song that I love but had not though about or listened to in a few years. But it's a great song and I love the lyrics. I just realized I bought this CD when I was in college. It's old. Really old.

Me
I am not the person who is singing
I am the silent one inside
I am not the one who laughs at people's jokes
I just pacify their egos
I am not my house, my car, my songs
They are only just stops along my way
I am like the winter
I'm a dark cold female
With a golden ring of wisdom in my cave

And it is me who is my enemy
Me who beats me up
Me who makes the monsters
Me who strips my confidence
I am carrying my voice
I am carrying my heart
I am carrying my rhythm
I am carrying my prayers
But you can't kill my spirit
It's soaring and it's strong
Like a mountain I'll go on and on
But when my wings are folded
The brightly colored moth
Blends into the dirt into the ground

And it's me who's too weak
And it's me who's too shy
To ask for the thing i love
And it's me who's too weak
And it's me who's too shy
To ask for the thing i love That I love
I am walking on the bridge
I am over the water
And I'm scared as hell
But I know there's something better
Yes I know there's something
Yes I know, i know, yes i know
That I love
But it's me
And it's me
But it's me

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

80 Gig.... I can't even fathom how many songs that would hold. It's obscene!

Anonymous said...

OMG! We have the 80 Gig! And we love it. We bought when we moved to Chicago because we could not physically house our cd's there. We have everything loaded onto (I would pay your kids to do this as it's a little tedious or do it when you watch TV or something)

I recently peer pressured my boss into getting one and he wanted to marry it (his words)

Enjoy your new purchases! Congrats on the taxes!