Saturday, February 9, 2008

Vacations

I have spent the week trying to catch up from being gone. It was a long long week as you might have guessed with my lack of posting. I just got the pictures on the computer this afternoon.
I love traveling. For me, it is truly the spice I need in my life. If I don't have a trip to look forward to, I feel sad and lost. So, I'm always planning one.

But man oh man, catching up after the trip is a lot harder post kids. When I was single I used to flit all over the place whenever I felt like it. I guess I still pretty much do that, but there is a lot more laundry at the the end!

My next trip is hopefully going to be Vegas in June. This will be a little business and hopefully a little pleasure. I try to combine those anytime I can because then I can fly on the company which is a huge help.

But I digress. We had another wonderful time in Disney World. The weather was gorgeous. The parks weren't too crowded and we got to see most everything we loved at least twice. Some of them, like "The Haunted Mansion" and "Star Wars", we saw multiple times. Those two rides are Becca's and Sam's favorites, respectively. I also got to see my favorite, "The Carousel of Progress" twice. We got to spend an afternoon at the pool, I with a Pina Colada and Dave with a Mai Tai. It was nice, but I will tell you this, our next real vacation is going to be kidless.


Okay, so a few photos:
Sam comandeered Dave's sunglasses while we were gone and just about refused to take them off. He thinks he is really cool right now. The cusp of teenagerness. I don't envy him the next few years.



I told the kids about "Hidden Mickeys" and we spent the whole week trying to spot them. Dave found this one. It looks obvious, but I bet most people don't notice it. Dave and I, because of our trade, often notice electrical/fire alarm things in buildings that most people would walk right by.



Cinderella Castle. And us. I take a photo like this everywhere we go. It's fun to look back and see how much taller the kids are getting. Maybe someday I'll put them all together.
We ate in Canada at Epcot this year and this was Sam's dessert. It was Chocolate "Moose" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I've never been to Disney. If you're looking for suggestions, I recommend Key West for a kidless vacation. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale and rented a convertible and drove to Key West - it is a 3 1/2 hour drive though. But we had a great time.

Cancun was pretty fun too and the all inclusive is a nice deal.