Thursday, December 6, 2007

Duh!

I've been struggling lately. It's part of the reason I haven't been very "present" on my blog the past couple of weeks. I have felt tired, cranky, unmotivated and I haven't been sleeping well for the last couple of weeks. At first I thought it was PMS. Then I thought maybe it was just the lack of sleep. Finally I decided I must just be a lazy and unmotivated person. I mean it has been a struggle for me to come home and do anything lately. I wanted to flop on the couch and do nothing the minute I walked in the door from work. Dinner? Forget it - we were living on frozen pizza and the like. I was really starting to get down on myself thinking maybe I am too weak to handle the stress of running a household and working. But what to do? I can't quit.......

The other thing that has been going on for the past two weeks is that I have had a stuffed up sinus head. And every day at some point a headache too. When I say stuffed up sinus head, I'm not sure how to explain that. I can breathe fine, but my forehead between my eyebrows would be feeling packed full of fluid and buzzing - like I was in a daze. And my ears would feel plugged and my neck and jaw would ache. I've been popping sudafed like it's candy thinking all the while that it is allergies or something. Well finally today I had enough. I'm figuring taking a box of sudafed every week probably isn't good for a person and I start thinking maybe it's possible I have a sinus infection. The reason this hadn't occurred to me before is that I have only ever had one sinus infection in my life and that was about 6 months ago following a hallacious cold. I honestly did not think you could get a sinus infection without having cold symptoms. I rarely get sick and I even more rarely go to the doctor. In fact, I detest going to the Dr. I'm always sure he is going to tell me I'm a hypochondriac and to get over it. But, in desperation, I went to the Dr today and guess what? I have a sinus infection.

Thank God.

I never thought I would be pleased to find that out - at least I know I'm not just an unmotivated sloth. I was really starting to worry.

4 comments:

The Nut House... said...

You tart kart. lol. You should have told me you were sick. I would have had you in to the doctor a long time ago... BTW... I too have a sinus infection, aka sinusitis right now.

My drug of choice: Amoxicillin 875 mg two times daily... and you?

Melanie said...

It really did not occur to me that I was sick until this morning when both my husband and my mom told me to go the doctor. I know - I'm a doofus.

I, too, am taking amoxicillin. And he also gave me naxonex and prometh. I'm a walking pharmacy.

Melanie said...

Oops, that was supposed to Nasonex ;)

The Nut House... said...

I'm on Astelin... tastes like crap when it goes down the back of your throat... but works great!