Friday, December 21, 2007

The Christmas Rush

The week has been kind of crazy. It's the holiday's, who would expect anything less, right? I'm the kind of Christmas shopper who starts out strong - I usually get a couple gifts very very early and that lulls me into a state of false arrogance about how much time I have. And then, whattya know? It's the week before Christmas and I still have ten gifts to buy. So every day after work this week I have been shopping. Shopping, shopping, shopping. But yesterday I was finally finished. And I zonked at 8:00. I still have a couple gifts to wrap, but other than that, I am finished. And I'm excited. I got everyone some really good stuff this year and a few big big surprises that I don't want to mention on the off chance either my husband or my stepson happens upon my blog.

All I want to do right now is go soak in a nice hot bath. Which is my plan as soon as I post this.
Tomorrow I intend to give my house a nice good cleaning (my little devil dog got into the trash today and spread it all over my living room and kitchen) and then get some pictures of my tree. It looks so pretty now that it has presents under it. I imagine we (all my blogging friends out there) will all be scarce in the coming days - but I will try to get at least one more post up before Christmas Day.

Next week - no kiddies (they're going to their mom's house) and minimal work!!!! Woo-hoo. A week and half I don't have to wake up to an alarm!!!! And I might even get to read a book. Double Woo-hoo!

3 comments:

Miralee said...

I was so happy to see a posting today! I was starting to think you had disappeared into the blogging black hole!

Good job on your shopping and I will try and give you a call this weekend!

The Nut House... said...

Emily and Greg want to know if they can come stay with you next weekend. :o)

Melanie said...

>