Friday, May 14, 2010

Orlando didn't make the top 10?

Oh happy day. The sun is finally shining. My coffee even tasted better this morning and I find myself asking why anyone lives anywhere where the sun does not shine on a regular basis. This prompted me to Google the sunniest cities in the US. It turns out there are several websites that list this information, but none of them have the same list. However, there are a couple of cities that show up on all the lists and they are Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV; Yuma, AZ; and El Paso, TX.

So, I am checking out real estate in those cities. I am also throwing in Denver, CO just because I want to and because I travelled there on business several years ago and have been infatuated with the city ever since. Something about looking out the window and seeing a mountain made me pee my pants with pleasure and I have never been able to get the image out of my head.

I dream of just picking up and relocating. More than you know. However, the biggest things holding me back from that are that I married a man with kids whose mother, while basically uninterested in the daily events of her children’s lives, their physical well-being, or their financial well being (other than to buy them things that get her “points” such as cell phones, concert tickets and drum sets), would never consent to allowing us to take them out of the state, and our house is worth way less than we paid/owe on it. So in Michigan we stay. For now at least.

In other news, I would like to report publicly that after a 2ish year hiatus from yoga, I believe the time has come for me to return to the practice. I feel like my life has fallen out of balance. I am worrying too much about things over which I have no control. I am using sleeping pills too many nights. I am grumpy too many days. I don’t feel like I am growing spiritually and in fact, may have actually regressed. I spend money foolishly. And I am just not exercising enough. Blah, blah, blah. Less talk more action and that is all I am saying about that.

It is going to be beautiful in Michigan this weekend and I am looking forward to it. It has rained incessantly over the past three weekends so we are more than due for this. Wherever you are, I hope you also enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Amen sister! Kicked off the weekend by getting my garden planted. I converted a flower bed into a veggie patch. This year we should have... Lettuce, potato's, cucumbers, carrots, red and orange peppers, tomatos, cilantro, onions and garlic. The tomato's, cilantro and onions are in their own place named "the salsa garden", which is exactly what I intend to use it for. I'm so excited. :)

Joyous JRo said...

I wish there was a way you could move those kids out of state!! Don't let the housing thing get in the way though, you can always rent it to someone. It took us 6 days to rent our house and we had 6different people walk through it and make offers. I was shocked becayse I thought it was going to take months to rent it!

I can't tell you what a difference it makes to see the sun almost every day. Weather here is just mild, but there is rarely a day where I don't see the sun. Oh and the mountains!! We're surrounded them, maybe Reno is the place for you too!! ;-)

I'm working on ideas for blogger bitches annual conference. What do you guys think of AZ?