Friday, May 8, 2009

Nerd Family Values

My Sci Fi nerd husband and I took our future nerd kids to see the first showing the of new Star Trek last night. Did this mean the 9 year old was up past her bedtime and didn't take a bath last night? You betcha. But for this nerd family it was totally worth it. No, we did not wear Star Trek costumes, nor do we own any. Of course, if I had ever been able to locate a frickin' comm badge I would have worn that.

In case you are new to my blog, let me recap for you. In the almost three years Dave and I have been married we have Netflixed and watched all seven seasons of Star Trek THG and all seven seasons of Star Trek Voyager. Plus we have been dabbling in the original series. I truly did marry my soulmate.

Okay, to recap: Four big thumbs up for the newest Star Trek movie; Captain Kirk has never been so sexy (sorry Mr. Shatner but it's true) and my husband and I are big nerds trying to raise two future nerd kids.

Thank you, have a nice day.

3 comments:

The Nut House... said...

Oooohhh. I can't wait to see it! I've been watching TNG episodes all week, and wonder how the new Star Trek will compare. Thanks for the movie review!

Jen said...

William Shatner-Kirk was the first love of my life. No one will EVER be sexier than him!!!!

Jason saw it and can't stop talking about how amazing it was. I am looking forward to seeing it.

The original series rocks. Next Gen sucks it. My nerd family will battle your nerd family.

Miralee said...

Mel in all the years that I have known you I never knew you were such a Trekkie! LOL!!!!

Glad you liked it. Karl saw it and love it as well.