Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My PMS Catch up Post

Ah Internet. I have missed you. Also I am up to my eyeballs in work that piled up while I was in Arizona lounging by the pool last week. But I cannot stay away anymore.

I stopped at Boston Market on my way home tonight to buy dinner for my family. For some reason the kids consider this gourmet food and I get tons of step-mom points when I bring it home. As soon as the bag is spied I get cheers and hugs and kisses (not so hot on the kisses since Swine Flu has showed up on the horizon). Anyway, when I walked into Boston Market I noticed this cute little family at the cash register. The man was in a suit and tie and the mom was dressed in jeans with a cute backpack diaper bag on one arm and a cute little baby on the other. They had two little boys as well, also cute. I don't know why I noticed them but I did. I guess it was because they were just so, cute.

While I was standing in line, I started talking to the older gentleman in front of me. Y'all, I don't know what possessed me to do this because I'm a twitchy introvert who does not really talk to random people who I don't know in public places. But for some reason I started talking to this man. And he was so nice. He just started chatting away telling me about this new restaurant he tried last night and how good it was. For some reason it gave me the warm fuzzies. We bid each other a good evening as he left with his gourmet fare and I paid for mine.

And as I was leaving I noticed the cute family again. They were all sitting at a table with their heads bowed in prayer. It was touching. I was touched. It hasn't been a very good week for Michigan and there hasn't seemed to be much to be happy or optimistic about. But we're all in it together. Any maybe I need to remember that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally picture this scene. And I would give you a hug (and an air kiss) if you brought me Boston Market!