Thursday, November 13, 2008

Customer Service Overload

Okay, so I know in the past I have complained about the lack of customer service in restaurants and stores, but today I had the worst shopping experience of my life because of a sales person who was trying too hard to be helpful.

I stopped by the Black and White store on my way home from work tonight in the hopes that I might find something nice to wear to a show we are going to at the DSO on Saturday night. All I was looking for was maybe a dressy pair of black pants and a nice top. Or one or the other.

The minute I walked in the door, the sales associate (one of four in the store) was on me in a flash and the minute I picked up a pair of pants to try on and she knew what size I was, went crazy. Y'all, by the time I got to the fitting room, there were, I'm not kidding, 7 pairs of pants, 6 sweaters, two camisoles, four blouses, two jackets and a skirt in that tiny room. Not to mention I told her that I don't wear skirts or pants that zip up the side (there were three pairs of those.)

Okay, I wasn't really up for a Pretty Woman'esqe try on session, but I figured I'd give it a go. But let me mention that I am feeling a little "puffy" right now being that I haven't seemed to be able to get my appetite back to normal human proportions since our vacation. So I expected things might be a little snug, but as soon as I started trying on the pants I remembered why I don't own any pants from the Black and White store. They just don't fit me right. So the more I tried on, the hotter I get, my cell phone has wrung 3 times and every 2 minutes a sales associate was knocking on the door asking me if I need anything.

On top of that, a couple of the tops required me to remove my bra. So I'm standing there in a pair of pants with a muffin top hanging over, bare chested and the sales associate barges into the room to give me a pair of heels so I can see how they look with the pants.

I was getting really irritable. Coupled with the fact that I'm getting psycho about not having anything to wear Saturday night, I had a minor meltdown in the dressing room, put my clothes back on and ran for the hills.

It was just too much. Do you think I'm just being a cranky old lady?

I'll get back to the stuff I'm thankful for tomorrow!

4 comments:

Miralee said...

You are hilarious! I would have told that lady to take a hike! You are not being cranky, you just need your space (so to speak, being that you were in a tiny dressing room!).

The Nut House... said...

I giggled through your whole post. What kind of friend would do that??? ME! lol, I'm still laughing. She was way too pushy. But your story is hilarious. I needed a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

LOL. Not cranky. I'm the same way, I need my space. Hope you enjoyed the show!

Joyous JRo said...

This had me laughing because I can recount at least 3 seperate incidents where I have felt exactly the same way!!

The use of the "muffin top" had me laughing out loud so hard that my dog actually looked up from her slumber!!