Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I love my family


As most of you know, I got married last June to the man of my dreams and went, in the span of a 30 minute ceremony, from being a single woman living alone in an adorable little condo with one cat, to a wife, stepmother, and daughter-in-law living in a crowded (but still adorably decorated) little condo with a husband, two kids and a cat. We picked up puppy the Monday following our Saturday wedding. Then in August we bought a house and in one weekend moved out of the condo into the house and my mother-in-law out of her apartment and into the condo. (It's a wonderful time to be living in Michigan) The kids started school the following Tuesday and I was launched into the world of lunch money, science projects, oh my gosh I forgot my gym shoes, missed the bus, and my favorite jeans were in a crumpled mess under the bed and you didn't wash them! Not to mention I'm still working 50 hours a week. So, those days I come home and the kitchen table is covered in school papers, someone used up all the toilet paper and didn't replace it, and the boy has eaten me out of house and home, I have to remind myself of how lonely it got before these little peas came into my life. They most certainly have made me lose sleep, they've made me cry, they've made me very angry. But, they've also made me laugh, taught me, entertained me and most of all, they've made me fall in love with them.

1 comment:

The Nut House... said...

Yeahhhhhh! I love it!!! I will be an everyday reader so post away Mel, just Post away...