Friday, March 12, 2010

Another Blue Post

I'm so sorry to show back up on the blog to share another bit of terrible news, but this is weighing so heavy on my mind that I have to spew it out somewhere. I struggled as to whether I should even post this, but I think these families could really use your prayers right now.

First of all, the kids mom's mom died earlier this week. That was sad because she had been battling cancer for less than a year and she was only 58. So we had to tell the kids about that and it is the first person they have really lost.

Then we got some even more tragic news. A former colleague and more importantly, a friend of ours took his own life yesterday morning and I am just broken hearted about it. And Dave is even more broken hearted and beside himself than I am, which breaks my heart even more.

Dave has known this man for 15 years and spent a considerable amount of personal and professional time with him. The man had a wife and 5 children ranging from around 13 or so to less than 2.

I just can't stop thinking about these 5 babies who have lost their dad and his wife, who is left to raise them alone. I can't stand it and I can't understand why he would do this. We have no details, no answers, no explantions.

And my poor husband is now spending four days in a row at funerals as he is at the funeral home tonight for the mom's mom, and the funeral tomorrow morning and then Sunday and Monday at the other funeral.

Please say a prayer for this man's family.

3 comments:

Miralee said...

Oh Mel....I am so sorry to hear about these devastating news. My thoughts and prayers are with the kids and your friends family! Please call if you need to chat or just talk about nonsense to relieve some stress. Thinking of you!

The Nut House... said...

That is terrible. You never know what a person is going through. My heart breaks for this man as well, as he did not have the strength to get through whatever made him do this. I wish the family peace and that they find closure some how.

I'm here when you need me.

Jen said...

Wow, I am so sorry. That is absolutely awful, especially about your friend who killed himself. I can't imagine what his wife is going through.

Rough week for you all. Your family will be in my thoughts.