Thursday, July 2, 2009

Miscellaneous Ramblings

**Last night I came home to find that my dog, left on his own for the day and with his run of the house, had gnawed right through a sealed bag of cat food and helped himself to a midday snack. The weird part is that he did not eat the entire bag. Presumably he ate until he was full. We didn't know he could get full.

**I love Prince. Can you really top Purple Rain and Little Red Corvette? How about Raspberry Beret?

**While watching the coverage of Michael Jackson's death last week the following conversation occurred between me, my not impressed by pop culture husband and my 14 year old stepson.
Dave - "I can't watch anymore of this. Can you please change the channel?"
Me - "You are a history buff, how can you not recognize pop culture as an integral part of American history?"
Sam - "Yeah dad, you have to at least respect Michael Jackson as an artist."
Dave - "Shut up!"

**Does anyone want to go with me to San Francisco for a writing seminar? I'm trying to develop my Plan B, but I'm not a big one for traveling alone.

7 comments:

Joyous JRo said...

OOH! Writing Seminar in San Fran? Give me the info, I may be interested.

Today is my last day and the first day of my Plan B :-)

The Nut House... said...

I would LOVE to go to San Fran... but I can't. Take Jro, and I want a FULL report when you two get back! You could take Katrina too. She totally needs a bit of time off. I'll watch Fumanchu.

BTW... your house sounds like my house, however Den did watch the MJ stuff w/me.

I was pretty broken up about it before, but I'm ok now. Now that the strange lifestyle he lived is surfacing even more, I realize how off he really was. Poor guy was totally maladjusted.

BTW... if he was african american, and has kids, even though the biological mother is white, how come his kids don't have a speck of his original skin color? Things that make you go hmmmmmm?

Miralee said...

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to go to San Fran with you....do you think Emma would mind waiting to come into the world for a while longer?? LOL!

Anonymous said...

I would love to go! Serious on that offer Val? What are the details on the seminar

The Nut House... said...

Yeahhhh a new post! Oh wait...

Once Upon a Time... said...

Dear Gentle Blogger,

You are missed. We miss the feel of your soft fingertips gently pressing the keys, imprinting on us forever.

We miss the wisdom and humor you share, and your witty postings.

Please come back to us soon. We miss you...

Joyous JRo said...

Hello? Is it me you're looking for...

I have no problem posting Lionel Richie lyrics until a new post appears!

WE MISS YOU!!