Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm NOT Old. Right?

We went to the movies yesterday afternoon and went to the concession stand to get a couple of drinks. Dave ordered an iced tea and I ordered a small Mountain Dew (just a small vice these days. I only drink about 1 every 6 months. That's impressive if you knew me during my 1 every 6 minutes phase in college).

Anyway, the concession stand cashier was probably 16 or 17, I guess. He asked me if instead of my fountain Mountain Dew if I would like to try a Mountain Dew "Throwback". To which I replied, "Huh?"

So this is what he tells me. "Mountain Dew Throwback is a new version of Mountain Dew that is like the "old Mountain Dew" and is sweetened with sugar. It's the same formula they used to use, you know, like, back in the 90's"

Ya'll, I googled Mountain Dew Throwback. It is based on the formula used in the 60's and 70's.

He's right, that is, like, almost the same thing.

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

LOL!!! That reminds me of the time I was buying a bottle of wine at Farmer Jack. I pulled out my id only for this old geezer ringing me up to say, "We only check ID if you look under 40".

For once in my life... I was speechless. lol

Joyous JRo said...

LMAO! That is too funny.