Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sleeping

I love sleeping. I love sleeping in. I live for Saturday and Sunday and avoid early weekend plans if I can at all help it. (mind you, sleeping in for me is 9:00am)

I also love sleeping in an ice cold room. And this week it has been the most amazing weather-hot during the day and nice and cool at night. So I usually crank up the window fan to high and let the room get frigid. I love snuggling into the covers while the fresh air blows over the bed.

The only problem with this is that my husband hates it. In his mind it is summer and we should let the room be a little warm and enjoy the season. He wants me to leave the window fan off at night. And he decided to bring this up yesterday morning before I had any coffee.

I was seriously considering sleeping the spare bedroom last night(but I didn't). That's how much I hate sleeping in a hot room. What can I say? I'm a princess.

7 comments:

The Nut House... said...

OMG, I am THERE! I LOVE a cold room. I wrap the blanket up over my head, so I am warm, but breathing cold air. I totally sleep better that way. Period.

I too would have considered sleeping in a different room. When it comes to sleep, all I want to do is crash out, not "experience summer". I can do that during the day!

Sorry Dave, I'm with the princess on this one.

Anonymous said...

Don't let your co-dependance get in the way of your happiness.

Miralee said...

Ok. Not sure how I feel about that co-dependance thing?!?!?!.

Anyhue...I think that most couples have difference in how they like the temp to be while they are sleeping. I like a cool room but not freezing and Karl would sleep with the window open in the middle of a snowstorm if I would let him...we compromise. We sleep with the ceiling fan on and he always, always, always sleeps with one foot out...LOL!

The Nut House... said...

I agree... one foot does make a huge difference. Can totally help to cool you off.

Anonymous said...

I, however, sleep a lot of the times with socks on because I freeze so much. I get so cold when I sleep that I swear my nose has frostbite on occassion.

My compromise with Kraig is the socks. It ain't pretty or romantic but neither is a wife who is not getting any sleep!

Joyous JRo said...

Love it!! Ditto for this princess!

Anonymous said...

Hey send me your email address so I can invite you to my newly secure blog! katrina3546@yahoo.com