Monday, June 2, 2008

Hmmmm.....

I stopped to rent a couple of movies Friday night and I was on the phone with Dave while I was picking them out so he could give his opinion. Since I was a combination of tired/distracted, I grabbed the movie boxes instead of the movies and took them to the register and also into the Twilight Zone.

I was short on cash so I asked the cashier if I could charge it (normally I wouldn't charge 6 bucks, but I hadn't been to the bank). She said that was fine and rang it up without scanning my membership card. Then she asked me for $16. I was totally confused as to what was going on and then realized she was charging me for the movies, although in retrospect, $16 for two blu-ray disc's would be a steal. Except the movies weren't in the cases. I looked at her blankly and said, "I'm renting them." and she said, "These are blu-ray disc's" "Yes" I replied and she said, "Do you have a blu-ray player?" "Yes" So I pointed out to her what I had and done and she headed back to the rack to get the movies. I was really embarrassed and could feel my face getting red. So I said, "I'm sorry. It has been a really long week." To which she replied, "Yeah, I've been having stomach problems all week."

Huh?

2 comments:

The Nut House... said...

That's funny... and yet VERY personal.

Miralee said...

I guess she felt the need to share that with you...just in case you wanted to know! LOL!